Ronald Horwege Award for Outstanding Service
This award honors outstanding performance and dedication to the profession. This may include:
- Program founding and/or building
- Advocacy on behalf of the mission of VA-AATG
- Service to the profession on both the local and state levels
- Successful fundraising
- Support for professional development
- Establishing or enhancing special programs committed to the teaching and learning of German
In your nomination please include a letter of support for the nominee and the nominee’s CV. Email it to martzbc [AT] longwood.edu by September 15th with the email title “Horwege Award.” Self-nominations are definitely encouraged.
For more on the award’s history, see: http://oldweb.sbc.edu/news/modern-languages-and-literatures/german-professor-recognized-aatgs-virginia-chapter/
Duden Award for Innovation in German Language Teaching
This award honors excellence in teaching, particularly in the area of innovation. Candidates should demonstrate evidence of:
- Creating, sharing, and/or adopting new teaching methods
- Commitment to pedagogical improvement
- Enhanced student engagement
In your nomination please include a letter of support for the nominee, the nominee’s CV, and evidence of teaching innovation. Email it to martzbc [AT] longwood.edu by September 15th with the email title “Duden Award.” Self-nominations are definitely encouraged.